Our Client Charter
Our vision at Friend & Grant is to make tomorrow count more than today.
We are passionate about growth for our clients and provide business growth services and work to guide our clients in realising their goals building their business and personal wealth.
Our own team are also focused on personal growth and professional development and we are extremely proud of our home-grown talent. Our passion for providing exceptional service to our clients is instilled into every member of our team.
We want to be the right fit for our clients and to help them on their way to achieving their goals.
We are 100% committed to our clients and their needs and our Client Charter sets out our commitment to you:
Your trusted advisor
- Every client is important to us and we want to work with you to save tax, save time and create wealth. As your trusted advisor, you can turn to us with any issues, and we will provide you with the best possible advice and guidance.
Your Growth Partner
- If you run a business, we want to work with you to help develop your business through our range of business growth and advisory resources. We also offer an extensive range of tax advisory services to assist you with your personal and business growth and help you keep more of your wealth.
- Our initial consultation meeting together, either in the office or via Microsoft Teams, will be free and there will be no obligation on either side. We pride ourselves on building close working relationships with all our clients so fit is important. We want to be the right advisors for you.
- If you are a current client and enquire about additional services that you are interested in and would like to know more about, we will advise you accordingly, however we will never pressure you into proceeding.
- Our clients’ interests lie at the heart of everything we do which is why we are passionate about delivering exceptional service to all our clients. We spend time getting to know you and understanding your goals and aspirations so that we can tailor our service to meet your specific needs.
- We believe our clients want to speak to real people, so your calls will always be answered by one of the team. We aim to deal with your queries in a timely manner and any accounting system queries will be dealt with within two working days.
- Your feedback is important to us and we want you to continuously push us to be the best we can be. We are continuously looking for ways to enhance and improve our services whilst maintaining our standards. We will regularly invite you to complete feedback forms to give us constructive feedback and keep us on our toes!
- We will not use jargon and will make sure that everything discussed is understood. We want everyone to be on the same page.
- We will always set out our fees in a way which is easy to understand. If you are on our monthly subscription service through our Go Proposal system we will give you an exact breakdown of your monthly fees with the services specifically suited to you. Costs for any additional works outside of your fixed fee agreement, for services provided on an annual basis or for one off pieces of work will be communicated to you and agreed in advance of us carrying out the work.
Proactive accounting and points of contact
- For our business clients we will maintain regular contact with you throughout the year. We are passionate about our clients’ success and do not believe in having a once-a-year relationship. We offer a Pre-Year End Tax Planning Service to all our clients where we meet up three months before the year-end to estimate business and personal tax liabilities which can help with budgeting and tax mitigation planning.
- For business clients we will ensure that you have at least two main points of contact.
- Personal clients will be supported by a larger team with the expertise and experience appropriate to your needs.
- Realistic and achievable timescales will be agreed at the start of the engagement. Provided that our clients are organised or willing to be, we will ensure that all deadlines are met.
- We will agree cut-off dates with you for monthly Payrolls and Tax Returns and ensure that you always know when these are.
What we ask in return
For us to give you the best possible tailored service, here is what we would require from you:
- Tell us about your goals and aspirations so that we can tailor our service to suit you and make sure that you get the maximum potential from us.
- Provide any information/records on a timely basis to ensure that we have enough time to complete the work and to ensure that you can get everything you need from the service. For certain specific services such as book-keeping and payroll we will set out timescales in our “rules of the game” document.
- Let us know about any changes affecting you or your business so that we can provide you with the best possible advice and assistance at all times.
- Forward us any correspondence from HMRC – especially anything you do not understand. We do not want you to worry over something that can easily be explained over the phone.
- Tell us if we are being too technical. We always aim to be straight talking but if we are saying something that you do not understand, please let us know and we will explain.
- Let us know if your personal circumstances have changed and may result in late filing. We will not chase up on queries/ returns if there are personal circumstances that stop you from getting back to us, but we will continue to advise you of upcoming deadlines.
- If we disappoint you in any way, please talk to us. No one is perfect, but we aim to be as close to perfect as possible and so encourage feedback and continually strive to be better.