Here at Friend & Grant we love to learn and not just about numbers, tax and accounting! As you’ll know from our monthly newsletter, we regularly review the great business books we’ve read. If you’d like to receive our newsletter you can sign up at the bottom of this post.
You could choose from thousands of printed business books, e-reader and almost 23,000 Audible business book titles if you prefer to listen. But how do you choose a book that will make a real difference?
We’re here to help!
We’ve compiled the first Friend & Grant Top 10 Best Business Books and here they are…
The books are personal choices of our team at Friend & Grant. We could have chosen from hundreds of books! You might be expecting to see the classics, such as Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey or The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber alongside many others. But our list is a bit different. This list includes many books written recently. All have an emphasis on personal development, modern marketing and business growth ideas We found every book on our list thought provoking, informative and nudged us into action. The less well known books, are super reads and really relevant to today’s fast pace business environment.
To help we’ve included a link to Amazon and Audible if its available. We know many of you support independent book stores and not everyone shops at Amazon but the links will describe the books for you.
Christmas is just around the corner – a little down time for most of us – time to reflect, recharge and refocus ready for a brilliant 2020!
Our reading list solves 3 problems for you:
- An answer to the question…. ‘What do you want for Christmas?’
- Useful gifts for your team (don’t forget it’s a tax free benefit!) and,
- An opportunity for you to explore new ideas.
Here’s our list of some of our favourite reads this year.
- They Ask, You Answer by Marcus Sheridan Amazon (2019 edition) Audible (first edition)
- Never Lose a Customer by Joey Coleman Amazon Audible
- 24 Assets by Daniel Priestley Amazon Audible
- Bad Blood by John Carreyrou Amazon
- Atomic Habits by James Clear Amazon
- The Go Giver by Bob Burg & John Mann Amazon Audible
- Work the System by Sam Carpenter Amazon
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek Amazon Audible
- The Referral Engine by John Jantsh Amazon Audible
- The One Thing by Gary Keller Amazon Audible
If you prefer to watch a TED talk then try Simon Sinek – Start with why It’s already been watched by more than 47 million people – a great way to spend 18 minutes!
If you have any recommendations for our next Top Ten list which we’ll prepare for summer reading then do let us know.
If you’ve read these already then you might find this list from The Personal MBA a good source of new material.
The content in this blog is correct as at 28/11/2019. See terms and conditions.