We act for a number of local charities and social enterprises assisting them in many areas including:
- Assurance services – audit and independent examination
- Management accounts
- Strategic reviews and planning
- Advice on viability and restructuring
- Internal control procedures, and risk management
- Reserves policy and accounting for separate funds
- Setting-up a new organisation: regulatory, taxation, and governance issues
- Charity taxation generally, including VAT, maximising income through gift aid, “charitable trading”
- Employment issues, taxation, the engagement of workers and working with volunteers
As well as several local charities we also act for a number of social enterprises including a sports club registered under the Industrial and Provident Societies Act 1965 and Community Interest Companies (CIC).
Below we have testimonials from some of our charity and social enterprise clients. If you would like to find out more about the services we can offer please contact Mark Friend.
Age UK Medway have engaged Friend & Grant Ltd as our auditors for the first time to conduct the year end audit for our charity 2012/13.
We found the process to be;
- Intelligently Lead
We have been pleased with the auditors across Friend & Grant, both the senior auditor and the visiting audit team.
Working alongside during the audit, I found as CEO that the process was reassuringly thorough and highly professional.
Good humour and healthy discussion was a key part of the engaging process and I feel that this is a rare find amongst such professionals. We look forward to our continued relationship.
John Norley CEO
Age UK Medway
We have successfully worked with Friend and Grant for over seven years to make our new school a reality. They have helped us through complex problems and provided us with a personable yet highly professional approach to our business
Bursar at Gads Hill School
Our first meeting with Friend & Grant Ltd was in June 2013. We needed advice regarding the accounting of our Church. Friend & Grant advised us to create a Community Interest Company. The whole process was easily done with their professional help. We always find a friendly response to any of our queries. We can certainly recommend Friend & Grant Ltd to anyone looking for honest, trustworthy and professional financial and accounting services.
Pastors Orlando and Ivette Granados
Rios de Vida CIC