Specialists in the construction industry. Great advice from Kent Chartered Accountants serving clients throughout Rochester and the rest of the Medway Towns.
The building industry is a major specialism of Friend & Grant Limited. We have a wealth of experience in this area. If you are interested in any of the following please click on the relevant section and find out more:
FREE DOWNLOAD! Top tax tips for Property Investors- over 15 top tax tips!
Buy a property and rent it, sounds straight forward. But what kind of things do you need to think about when looking at the tax implications. Well here are just some of them:
- How do you maximise loan interest relief?
- What is an improvement and what is a repair?
- What are the tax differences between a furnished and unfurnished property?
- What expenses can I offset against my rental income?
- What happens if I am am not resident in the UK but renting a UK property?
- What do I do in respect of my overseas rental income?
- How much capital gains tax will I pay when I sell my property?
- Are there any inheritance tax issues I should consider when buying a rental property? (the answer is yes!)
- Should I buy my rental property through a limited company or personally?
There are two approaches to dealing with rental properties. Short term, quick and cheap, just complete a Tax Return and suffer the tax consequences which befall you or sit down with us and plan to minimise all tax liabilities (income tax, capital gains tax and possibly inheritance tax) by careful planning and the completion of a proper set of accounts. Please note that from 23 June 2010 the tax rates for non business gains increased to 28% for higher rate tax payers. If you are interested in the latter then contact us on 01634-731390 or email Mark Friend or Jan Friend.
Despite the recent downturn the South East has seen a real boom in property development over the last 10 years. During this period many developers have made significant profits.
Property development is a particular niche area for Friend & Grant Limited. We deal with a high number of property developers particularly in areas such as Thanet and the Medway Towns.
Here are some of the areas we can help you:
- Should you be self employed or set up a limited company?
- Are there any VAT opportunities which can be exploited?
- How do I operate a Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)?
- How do I raise finance for a development?
If you are looking to start or already have a property development business and you are looking for an accountant with a wealth of experience in this area then contact us on 01634-731390 or emailMark Friend .
The construction industry is one of the most volatile sectors in the UK economy, and careful planning and advice are needed to maintain efficiency and competitiveness. With years of experience in this sector, we pride ourselves on having an understanding of the specific problems faced by builders, building and civil engineering contractors, and civil engineering consultants, and in being able to recommend effective solutions. We work with you to help you optimise your performance through advice on appropriate funding, project planning, cashflow planning, payroll services, etc. We guide you through the maze of regulations imposed on the industry, help you to minimise your compliance costs, and help you to build a successful future.
If you are looking for an accountant to help you through the maze then contact us on 01634-731390 or email Andrew Grant.